Saturday

Christmas - in August!

 Yesterday was, in fact, better than any recent Xmas. Judge for yourself:

AM: went to Purolator depot to pick up this item:


Yes, that's a whole bolt of unbleached cotton for making muslins (aka "toiles"), doll bodies, etc. 

20 metres, 60 inches wide. (Pardon the mixed systems!) Enough for a year, maybe more.

PM: Went to mailbox and found this:



This is a rare, out-of-print book that I had to work very hard to get at the publication price and not at the inflated (3-4 times the value) that unscrupulous used book sellers are listing it at.

My copy is new and if I have it it's thanks to an independent librarian in Sherbrooke (QC) who went to the trouble of hunting it down.

The book is everything I was hoping for, and then some.

No doubt you will see some of what I make from it and this will be very soon, so stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment